Some 20 to 50 million metric tons of e-waste are generated worldwide every year, comprising more than 5% of all municipal solid waste. When the millions of computers purchased around the world every year (183 million in 2004) become obsolete they leave behind lead, cadmium, mercury and other hazardous wastes. In the US alone, some 14 to 20 million PCs are thrown out every year.
Due to ongoing technological advancement, many electronic products become obsolete within a very short period of time, creating a large surplus of unwanted electronic products, or “e-waste.” Disposing of e-waste in landfills has the potential to cause severe human and environmental health impacts. To avoid these risks we here at Riverside Metro Auto Group have participated in E-Waste Recycling (Electronic Waste Recycling) since 2008. With this program it ensures a safe and environmentally sound disposal of our outdated electronic equipment.
AUTOMATIC SINKS – GOOD FOR THE ENVIRONMENT AND HEALTH
- Here at Riverside Metro Auto Group, we utilize Hands-Free Faucet Systems. Our systems require no plumbing modification and also prevents cross-contamination because you don’t have to worry about having to turn off the sink once you’ve washed your hands. And because water only runs while you’re using it, we end up using less water which in turn allows us also to helping to preserve our natural resources. These sinks help cut down on the spread of germs. Plus, it makes it fun to wash your hands. Designed to make your everyday life easier.
HANDS FREE PAPER TOWEL DISPENSERS
- Hands Free Paper Towel Dispensers: Here at Riverside Metro Auto Group, we utilize enMotion brand dispensers and towel’s which reduces waste with one at a time towel dispensing, add to that touch less dispensing which minimizes cross-contamination risk and creates a more hygienic environment. Additionally the dispenser roll is EPA compliant for recycled paper content therefore its EcoLogo Certified and manufactured with 100% recycled fiber.
- Recycle Bins in all break rooms
- We have recycle bins in our employee break rooms for cans and bottles
- We are switching over to LED lighting in the showroom and outside. Other offices and areas of the property are using low energy efficient lighting
- Our IT department is in the process of having computers automatically shut down at night
- Our car wash reclaims about 75% of its water usage
- We have swapped our plant life to low water consumption plants
- We have both low flush and automatic flush toilets. More than 47% of water use occurs in the bathroom, with nearly 24% being used by toilets. We have both low flush and automatic flush toilets which uses significantly less water than a full flush toilet.